Halibut is a mild, firm fleshed white fish that is a perfect foil for lots of added flavors. My picture shows halibut fillets smothered with tomatoes, onions and olives amongst other ingredients. The result is a fresh, healthy and delicious fish dinner that takes no time to make. Enjoy!
Prep time: 20 minutes
Baked Halibut with Tomatoes, Onions & Olives
By July 14, 2014Published:
- 2 Servings
- olive oil spray
- 1 large onion peeled, cored and sliced thinly
- 28 ounces organic chopped tomatoes
- 2 medium halibut fillets skinned
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- Salt and Pepper
- 12 pitted Kalamata Olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley washed, stems removed and chopped
- 8 inch baking pan
- Preheat oven to: 350° F. Spray bottom of pan.
- Spread half the sliced onions and tomatoes on the bottom of the baking pan. Place halibut fillets on top. Sprinkle with lemon juice, wine, salt and pepper.
- Place remaining onions, tomatoes and olives on top. Drizzle with olive oil . Bake 30-40 minutes. Serve halibut on a bed of quinoa/rice. Garnish with chopped parsley.