This recipe was taught to me by a wonderful lady from the South. The flavor of caramelized corn, sugar and vanilla is irresistible. If you make it with coconut oil, there is a light flavor from coconut which I love. If you don’t- use melted margarine or vegetable oil. Naturally, this recipe was originally made with butter. Definitely use butter if you’re making this with a dairy meal.
Prep time: 15 minutes
By January 30, 2014Published:
- 8 Servings
- 4 Large Eggs
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 60-65 Ounces Canned Kernel Corn
- 1/2 Cup Non-dairy Margarine/coconut oil melted
- Non-dairy Baking Spray
- Electric Mixer
- 3 Quart Oven-to-Table Casserole
- Preheat oven to: 350˚ F.
- Beat eggs well. Add sugar gradually and beat on medium speed until a thick pale yellow mixture has formed. Pour flour over this mixture and continue beating until it has been thoroughly incorporated into eggs. Add vanilla and oil and beat again. Remove mixer from stand.
- Pour in corn (with liquid from 2 cans) and mix slowly with a spatula or wooden spoon until the batter and corn have blended.
- Spray casserole with non-dairy spray. Pour corn mixture into casserole. Bake 30-45 minutes until the top is golden brown and the mixture is firm. A cake tester should come out clean if it is inserted into the pudding. Serve hot.
- Note: Transfer any leftovers to a smaller dish. If you reheat it in the same dish the empty spaces will burn.