Fresh is always better than purchased!
Prep time: 30 minutes
By January 7, 2014Published:
- 8-10 cups (8 Servings)
- 8-10 Cups Fresh Fruit Peaches, Plum, Apricots, Seedless Grapes, Apples, Melon, Pineapple, Bananas, Assorted Berries
- 3/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- Mint Leaves
- 1/8 Cup Liqueur
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Peel the thick skinned fruit: melons, pineapple, peaches, kiwis and apples. Plums and apricots need not be peeled. Slice or chunk fruit and put into mixing bowl. Add grapes. Toss gently. Add bananas last.( Bananas turn brown when exposed to air.) Toss fruit lightly. Cover bowl. Chill 30 minutes. Taste.
- Add orange juice and sugar for a sweeter taste. Add lemon juice for a tarter flavor.
- Know your guests. A splash of liqueur always perks up a fruit salad for adults although children usually find it an odd taste.
- I like to add the berries as a decoration on top of the fruit salad. First of all, it looks pretty; and second of all you avoid the berries staining all the other fruit.
- Mint leaves and lemon zest can also be added as decoration and to enhance the flavors of the fruit.