Rich and full of flavor. this meat sauce is easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. Use any pasta you like; but I prefer pasta with ridges that will hold on to the sauce.
By January 6, 2015Published:
- 4 Servings
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes(boxed/canned) drained
- 1 large onion peeled, cored
- 2 large garlic cloves peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chopped steak
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- electric food processor steel knife inserted
- 1 large skillet
- Mince onion and garlic by hand or pulse in processor.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium flame. Add onion and garlic and saute until onions are soft and translucent. Pinch off small pieces of meat and add to skillet. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon. Continue to break up the meat with spoon until there is no pink left. Add drained tomatoes, tomato paste and basil to sauce. Stir well. Taste. Season with salt and pepper. Pour over any pasta cooked al dente. I'm partial to fusilli or farfalle. Serve with a beautiful mixed salad and dinner is done. Enjoy!