This is such an easy, elegant , and flexible hors d’oeuvre. Dot it with creme fraiche and it’s dairy. Skip the crème fraiche and it’s pareve. Either way, this make ahead delicious hors d’oeuvre is always a hit!
New Potatoes Stuffed with Salmon Caviar
By February 7, 2014Published:
- 12 (6 Servings)
- 45 mins
- 12 Small New Potatoes
- 2-3 Tablespoons Salmon Caviar
- Crème Fraiche Optional
- Fresh Chives Optional
- Small Saucepan With Cover
- Wash the potatoes and place in saucepan with enough water to cover ¾ of the potatoes. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for about 20 minutes until done. Shake the pan every once and awhile to be sure the potatoes aren’t sticking to the bottom. Drain potatoes and cool.
- Take a sharp knife and slice a thin layer off the bottom of each potato so that they can lay flat on your serving platter. Carefully, scoop out the center of each potato leaving a small crevice. I had more control when I used the tip of a sharp knife instead of a teaspoon or melon baller. Fill each crevice with salmon caviar. Garnish with a drop of crème fraiche and fresh chives if desired.
- Note: To make ahead: Prepare potatoes and leave them at room temperature. Fill with caviar and garnish before serving.