I was so excited when the folks from Gefen/Kedem asked me to work with some of their products. I had always thought of Kedem Tea Biscuits as just “tea biscuits”. Well, surprise! I ground them up, added some chopped nuts, sugar, cocoa and Bourbon and voila- a boozey dessert cookie to finish off your meal! Add to that-there’s no baking involved. Kedem has done the baking. You just add the other ingredients and roll them into cookies with your hands!
Prep time: 30 minutes
No Bake Bourbon Balls
By May 22, 2016Published:
- 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 3 cups non dairy cookie crumbs 2 12 oz. packages of Kedem Tea Biscuits
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- pinch Salt
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 shallow dish for rolling cookies in sugar
- shallow pan with a lip to hold cookies
- Pour one cup of confectioner's sugar into large mixing bowl and one cup into shallow dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. If the mixture seems too dry, add a little more bourbon. Shape the dough into small balls about the size of marbles. Roll each marble into the confectioner's sugar and place in shallow pan in a single layer. Do not refrigerate. Wrap with waxed paper and let the Bourbon permeate the mixture for a day or two before serving.