This chicken makes a beautiful presentation and is permeated with the flavors of orange and oregano. Serve with brown rice, wild rice, or farro and roasted vegetables. Beets go particularly well with the orange sauce.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Orange Glazed Chicken
By March 30, 2014Published:
- 24 pieces (8-10 Servings)
- 3 small chickens cut in joints and skinned
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- 3/4 cup Panko
- 36 ounces Frozen Orange Juice defrosted
- 12 ounces water
- 2/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 3 Large Navel Oranges sliced thinly
- roasting pan large enough to hold chicken in a single layer
- Preheat oven to: 375° F.
- Clean chicken joints thoroughly. Pat dry. Arrange joints in a single layer in roasting pan. Grind fresh black pepper lightly over the top of chicken. Scatter the crumbs over the chicken so that they form a skin. Bake chicken uncovered for 30 minutes or until the crumbs have formed a crust.
- While chicken is baking, mix defrosted concentrate with water, brown sugar and oregano. Pour over chicken. (Reserve one cup of orange mixture if you have vegetarians at your table. You will need it to glaze veggie chicken/ tofu.)
- Bake chicken 45 minutes longer basting every 15 minutes. Arrange orange slices (whole or halved)on the chicken and continue basting until oranges are glazed. This should take another 20 minutes.