The beer in this recipe makes the meat taste much lighter besides giving it a wonderful flavor.
Pot Roast with Beer, Carrots & Onions
By February 21, 2014Published:
- 8-10 Servings
- 2 hrs 45 mins
- 2 Tops of the Rib
- 48 Ounces Dark Beer
- 2 Pounds Frozen Pearl Onions defrosted
- 1 Pound Baby Carrots
- 2 28 Ounce Cans Organic Crushed Tomatoes
- 16 Black Peppercorns tied in cheesecloth
- 5 Large Garlic Cloves
- 1 medium bunch of fresh thyme (tied) or 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- Large Stainless Steel Roaster with cover
- Rinse meat and trim off any extra pieces of fat. Place meat in roaster.
- Preheat oven to: 350˚ F.
- Scatter carrots, garlic, and onions over meat. Pour in beer and tomatoes. Add peppercorns and thyme . Pour in just enough water or instant beef broth to cover meat. Bring to a boil on top of the stove. Cover roaster and place in preheated oven. Cook 2 ½ -3 hours. Turn meat halfway through cooking. When meat is done, you should be able to pierce it easily with a fork. Allow meat to cool before covering and refrigerating overnight.
- TO SERVE: Take meat out of refrigerator. Remove all congealed fat from gravy and from meat. Cut pot roast into ¼ inch slices and place them in oven to table casserole. Scatter onions and carrots over the meat. Cover with gravy. Serve hot with rice, noodles or potatoes.