Bright green steamed broccoli is a wonderful addition to any meal.
By February 21, 2014Published:
- 8 Servings
- 16 mins
- 2 Heads Broccoli unblemished
- 2 Cloves Garlic optional
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil optional
- Large Skillet with cover
- Cut heads of broccoli off stalks leaving about one inch of the stalk attached to the heads. (You can reserve the stalks for vegetable stock.) Many of the florets will separate at this point. Cut the remaining broccoli into small bunches. Wash florets thoroughly.
- Bring about two inches of water to boil in skillet. Add broccoli, cover and steam about five minutes. Florets should be bright green and stems crisp- tender. You should be able to pierce them with a sharp knife. Drain broccoli in colander. Serve immediately.
- Optional: Mince 2 cloves of garlic and sauté in three tablespoons olive oil. Add florets and stir until heated through. Serve hot or at room temperature.