Tarragon, mustard and white wine are a delicious combination.
By December 18, 2013Published:
- 4 Servings
- 60 mins
- 16 Ounces Extra Firm Tofu
- 2 Large Lemons
- 3/4 Cup Non-dairy Unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- 6 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 Shallot minced
- 1 rrounded teaspoon Dried Tarragon
- 1/3 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Dry White Wine
- 1/2 cup Low Salt Vegetable Broth
- 1/3 cup Italian parsley chopped
- Large Skillet
- Grater or Microplane
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Oven to Table Serving Dish
- Drain tofu. Wrap tofu in paper towel and put it on a plate under a brick or two heavy cans. Let stand 30 minutes. Drain tofu again and slice into eight pieces. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to: 350 F.
- Zest one lemon. Mix zest with bread crumbs and set aside.
- Combine minced shallot with mustard, oil, tarragon and pepper.
- Coat tofu slices on both sides first with mustard tarragon mixture and then with breadcrumbs.
- Arrange coated tofu slices in oven to table serving dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Pour wine and vegetable broth in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and pour over tofu slices. Bake 15 minutes longer. Slice remaining lemon thinly. Remove pits. Garnish tofu with sliced lemon and chopped parsley. Serve hot.