The sauce is amazing.
Tofu with White Wine, Lemon and Capers
By December 18, 2013Published:
- 4 Servings
- 60 mins
- 1 16- Ounce Container of Extra Firm Tofu
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 1 Large Lemon
- 1 Cup Capers
- 1 Bunch Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- Large Skillet
- Oven to Table Casserole
- Drain tofu. Wrap tofu in paper towel and put on a plate under a brick or two heavy cans for 30 minutes. Drain again. Cut tofu into ½ inch thick slices.
- Mix flour and pepper. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high flame. Dredge tofu slices in flour and brown on each side in the oil. When tofu is browned, arrange it in an overlapping pattern in casserole. Set aside.
- Drain capers and rinse them off. Set aside.
- Juice one half lemon and add with white wine and capers to skillet. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Pour over tofu slices.
- Wash and mince several sprigs (no stems) of parsley. You should have at least three tablespoons (more, if you like). Sprinkle parsley over tofu. Serve immediately with rice.