This is a wonderful all-purpose Tomato Sauce that is full of flavor and works well with any pasta or vegetable recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
By July 23, 2014Published:
- 7 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions peeled, cored, and minced
- 3 large garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 3 26 ounce containers organic chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2/3 cup Italian parsley washed & chopped (leaves only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil washed & chopped coarely
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- large skillet
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium flame. Add onions and garlic to pan. Stir well and saute until onions are translucent and soft. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley and basil. Stir well over low heat until sauce has thickened. Taste. Season with salt and pepper.