Pure deliciousness in a bowl! The comforting flavor and texture of beans mixed with the umami of dried porcini mushrooms-all flavored with rosemary is the perfect answer to a cold Winter’s night. Add some crusty bread and salad and make it a meal.
Prep time: 20 minutes
White Bean Soup
By January 6, 2015Published:
- 10 Servings
- 1 pound dried white beans soaked according to package directions and drained
- 3 medium onions peeled,cored, quartered and sliced thinly
- 5 large garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms soaked according to package directions-reserve liquid
- 4 cups Vegetable Broth
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 large branches rosemary
- 2 large bay leaves
- large soup pot with cover
- cooking twine
- Heat olive oil in soup pot over medium flame. Add onions and garlic. Saute until onions are translucent.
- Slice large porcini mushrooms. Leave the small ones whole. Add porcinis and soaking liquid to onion. Stir once. Add drained beans, broth, water and salt.
- Tie rosemary branches and bay leaves together. Add herbs to soup pot. Stir well. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover pot and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until beans are soft. Remove rosemary and bay leaf bundle. Taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve hot.