Double Pecan Pie
By December 18, 2013Published:
- 10 small slices (10 Servings)
- 1 hr 30 mins
- Dough for 9 inch Single Crust Pie
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup or 1/4 cup agave
- 1/2 cup Molasses
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 tablespoons Non-dairy Margarine melted
- 1 1/2 cups Chopped Pecans
- 2 cups Whole Pecans
- 1 9-10 Inch Pie Dish
- 1 Rolling Pin
- 1 Whisk
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Cooling Rack
- Bring pie dough to room temperature. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until it is about 1/8” thick. Line pie dish with dough. Prick dough lightly with fork and refrigerate one hour or until needed.
- Whisk eggs well in mixing bowl. Add sugar, corn syrup/agave, molasses, salt, vanilla, and margarine and whisk again until all ingredients are well blended. Add chopped nuts and stir well.
- Preheat oven to: 350˚ F.
- Pour pecan mixture into pie shell. Arrange whole pecans attractively over the top of pie. Place filled pie shell on lowest level of oven. Bake 45-50 minutes or until pie is puffed and brown. Remove baked pie from oven and cool completely on rack. Serve pie at room temperature.
- Note: This pie may be frozen.