Defrost a can of frozen orange juice, add water, sugar and herbs and Voila- you have a basic orange sauce that gets caramelized when baked in the oven over whatever protein you choose. Use this sauce as is, or dress it up by adding a splash of orange liqueur and/or some thinly sliced orange rind. It doesn’t get easier than this. Enjoy!
Note: This recipe can be doubled or tripled for larger crowds.
Prep time: five minutes
Simply Orange Sauce
By June 19, 2017Published:
- Skill Level: Child Friendly
- about 2 cups
- 12 ounces frozen orange juice defrosted
- 4 ounces water
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons herbes de provence
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over, chicken, duck or tofu.