This Apricot-Raspberry Tart is a prime example of eating with your eyes before you have your first taste. The orange apricots, red raspberries and green pistachios make you feel like you’re jumping into a beautiful painting. These components, nestled in almond cream, give you a taste of tart, sweet, crunchy and creamy in every bite. You will not have any leftovers!
Prep time: 30 minutes
By June 16, 2016Published:
- 9 inch tart (8-10 Servings)
- par-cooked tart shell
- 12 small fresh apricots or 8 larger ones
- 6 tablespoons non-dairy margarine room temperature
- 8 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ounces slivered almonds
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons shelled unsalted pistachios
- cookie sheet lined with baking parchment
- shallow baking pan lined with baking parchment large enough to hold halved apricots
- cooling rack
- electric food processor steel knife inserted
- electric beater
- flexible narrow spatula
- Preheat oven to : 350 °
Carefully, remove labels from apricot skins. Rinse apricots and pat dry. Cut apricots in half and remove pits. Place halves, cavity side down, in the shallow pan.
- Melt two tablespoons of margarine and brush it over the apricot halves. Sprinkle two tablespoons of sugar over the tops of the apricots. Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes. Cool on rack.
- Pour almonds into the bowl of processor. Pulse until the nuts have the consistency of fine powder. Don't over pulse or you'll have nut paste.
- Separate eggs. Place yolks in mixing bowl and store whites in a closed jar for any time you make meringue etc. Beat yolks with 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar until they are pale yellow. Add four tablespoons soft margarine and remaining three tablespoons of sugar. Beat until well blended. Stir in ground almonds.
- Place par-cooked tart shell on cookie sheet. Spread half the almond cream on the bottom of the tart shell. Arrange apricot halves (cavity down) in concentric circles on top of the almond cream. Sprinkle them with raspberries. Cover fruit with remaining almond cream. Smooth it out gently with spatula. Sprinkle the top with pistachios. Bake tart for 45 minutes or until almond cream has puffed and browned. Cool on rack. Serve at room temperature.