Are you not a lover of making pie dough and rolling it out? Graham Cracker Crust is the answer for you. Not only is it delicious; but it is very easy to assemble. Bake it blind (unfilled) if you are filling it with an uncooked filling ie. a fruit curd or mousse; or leave it unbaked if you are filling it with something that requires baking ie. pumpkin filling.
Note: There are usually three wrapped packages of graham crackers in one box. Presently, each package has 9 crackers. That is enough for a 9″ crust or even a 10″ crust if you pat it out thinner. I bought Honey Graham Crackers for this recipe. Should you buy Cinnamon Grahams; leave out the cinnamon in the recipe.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Graham Cracker Crust
By October 30, 2017Published:
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Child Friendly
- enough for one 9"-10" pie crust
- 9 graham crackers
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons pareve margarine melted (15 seconds in a microwave))
- electric food processor steel knife inserted
- measuring cup or small round bowl
- Place graham crackers, sugar and cinnamon in bowl of processor. Process until the crackers have turned into crumbs-but not into dust. You want to retain some texture. Pour in melted margarine and process 30-45 seconds or until mixture is evenly moistened and sticks together somewhat.
- Pour crumbs into the center of a pie dish. I use a glass one. Take the measuring cup and press the crumbs evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pie dish. Finish the top by squeezing the crumbs together around the edge. Chill for at least 30 minutes before filling and/or baking.
- To bake: Preheat oven to 350° F. Place unfilled pie dish on bottom level of the oven. Bake three minutes. Cool completely before filling.