I was so excited when the folks from Gefen/Kedem asked me to work with some of their products. I had always thought of Kedem Tea Biscuits as just “tea biscuits”. Well, surprise! I ground them up, added some chopped nuts, sugar, cocoa and Bourbon and voila- a boozey dessert cookie to finish off your meal! Add to that-there’s no baking involved. Kedem has done the baking. You just add the other ingredients and roll them into cookies with your hands!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Note: The wrapper for the plain tea biscuits was torn so we used the wrapper for the chocolate biscuits in the shot. Leave out the cocoa if you make this recipe with chocolate biscuits.
No Bake Bourbon Balls
By May 22, 2016Published:
- 2 cups Confectioner's Sugar
- 3 cups non dairy cookie crumbs two 4.2 oz. packages of Kedem Tea Biscuits
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- pinch Salt
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup Bourbon
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 1 shallow dish for rolling cookies in sugar
- shallow pan with a lip to hold cookies
- Pour one cup of confectioner's sugar into large mixing bowl and one cup into shallow dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to large mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly. If the mixture seems too dry, add a little more bourbon. Shape the dough into small balls about the size of marbles. Roll each marble into the confectioner's sugar and place in shallow pan in a single layer. Do not refrigerate. Wrap with waxed paper and let the Bourbon permeate the mixture for a day or two before serving.