Pasta with Pesto and Roasted Peppers combines so many of our favorite foods ie. roasted peppers , pesto and Parmesan. I love all pasta but with this recipe, I like to use a pasta with ridges because the ridges give the Pesto with Basil a place to latch onto and bring you more flavor.
You can definitely buy roasted peppers in a jar; but then you would be depriving yourself of the wonderful aroma you get from roasting your own peppers. There’s nothing like it! Pasta with Pesto and Roasted Peppers is a truly delicious entrée or side dish with fish. This recipe is perfect for a crowd because it can be prepared in advance and served at room temperature.
Note: Replace pine nuts with toasted sunflower seeds in the Pesto and as a garnish if anyone is allergic to nuts.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Pasta with Pesto and Roasted Peppers
By May 17, 2015Published:
- 4 Servings
- 1 cup Pesto
- 1 pound fusilli/campanelli
- 2 ounces pine nuts toasted
- 1 cup Freshly Grated Parmesan
- long handled tongs
- paper bag
- large pot
- To roast peppers: Place one pepper in the center of your burner. Turn the flame on high and roast pepper until it is black on all sides. I do one at a time and turn them carefully with a long handled tongs. When they are fully charred, put them in a paper bag and let them steam for 10-15 minutes. Remove peppers from bag, peel off the skin and remove the seeds. I like to do this over a colander so clean up is easier.
- To assemble: Bring Pesto to room temperature. Boil pasta in salted water until it is al dente. Don't over boil it. The pasta should retain a "bite". Drain pasta in colander. Do not rinse it with water. Pour pasta into serving bowl. Toss with pesto. Arrange pepper strips over the pasta. Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and serve. Offer more Parmesan on the side.