De La Rosa 613 sent me a gift of their Avocado Oil and Balsamic Glaze. My mission was to come up with a recipe using them. FYI- Avocado Oil is very healthy and has a very high smoke point; which makes it very easy to fry with. The Balsamic Glaze is delicious straight out of the bottle. It is great to drizzle on top of grilled vegetables or fish or to use to deglaze a pan and flavor veal chops as I have done here.
Prep time: 10 minutes
My followers will receive 15% off their first order of De La Rosa Oils and Sesame Products on Amazon with the Code: 15KOSHERG.
Veal Chops with Cherry Tomatoes & Balsamic Glaze
By November 20, 2020Published:
- 2 (2 Servings)
- two 1 1/2 inch first cut veal chops
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup De La Rosa Avocado Oil
- 4 ounces cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tablespoon De La Rosa Balsamic Glaze
- 1 shallow dish large enough to hold veal chop for flour and herbs
- 1 shallow dish large enough to hold veal chop for beaten egg
- 1 large oven proof skillet
- 1. Mix flour with salt, pepper, basil and chives in a shallow dish. Beat egg in the other shallow dish.
- Dredge veal chops in herbed flour, then dip in beaten egg and then back into the flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Preheat oven to: 375°F.
- Pour Avocado Oil into skillet. Heat over medium-high flame. When oil starts to sputter a bit, add veal chops. Sauté four minutes on each side. Turn chops on their side and brown them as well. Do the same on the other side. Place skillet into middle level of the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- Carefully, with a pot holder, remove skillet from oven and return to stove top. You will see the drippings mixed with the Avocado Oil. Nothing will have burned. Turn the heat on medium flame and add cherry tomatoes and Balsamic Glaze. Stir well for one minute, Turn chops over and stir one minute more. The Balsamic will form a gravy with the drippings, glaze the chops and also deglaze the pan. Serve Veal Chops hot with the cherry tomatoes and gravy on top. A green salad is really all you need to make this a meal but I can never resist a baked potato.