Called Skordalia in Greece, this dip is easy to make and completely addictive. Enjoy it with pita wedges and crudites.
Prep time: 20 minutes
White Bean Dip
By January 25, 2015Published:
- about 4 cups
- 3 15 ounce cans white beans rinsed and drained
- 5 large garlic cloves peeled and minced-enough for 3 tablespoons
- 3 large lemons
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves 9 tablespoons minced
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Italian parsley 3/4 cup minced
- electric food processor steel knife inserted
- waxed paper/plastic wrap
- Pour drained beans into bowl of processor. Add garlic, tahini and oil. Grate rind of one lemon directly into processor. Squeeze enough lemon to produce 2/3 cup of juice. Add juice to processor. Puree until smooth. Taste. Add more lemon juice, salt and pepper if desired. Scrape bean puree out of processor into a mixing bowl. Add minced herbs. Press waxed paper or plastic wrap directly on top of dip. Chill. Serve with pita wedges and crudites.