White Bean Dip has many personalities. It is a cousin of Israeli Hummous and Greek Skordalia. Whatever country to which you link White Bean Dip; it is easy to make and completely addictive. Customize it to your taste by adding more garlic and lemon. Enjoy it with pita wedges, and crudites. We also love it slathered on challah!
Click on the link for a delicious White Bean Soup!
Prep time: 20 minutes
White Bean Dip
By January 25, 2015Published:
- Cuisine: Greek
- Course: Hors d'Oeuvres
- Skill Level: Easy
- about 4 cups
- 3 15 ounce cans white beans rinsed and drained
- 5 large garlic cloves peeled and minced-enough for 3 tablespoons
- 3 large lemons
- 3/4 cup techina
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint leaves 9 tablespoons minced
- 1/2 bunch Fresh Italian parsley 3/4 cup minced
- electric food processor steel knife inserted
- waxed paper/plastic wrap
- Pour drained beans into bowl of processor. Add garlic, techina and oil. Grate rind of one lemon directly into processor. Squeeze enough lemon to produce 2/3 cup of juice. Add juice to processor. Purée until smooth. Taste. Add more lemon juice, salt and pepper if desired. Scrape bean purée out of processor into a mixing bowl. Add minced herbs. Press waxed paper or plastic wrap directly on top of dip. Chill. Serve with pita wedges and crudites.