Fluffy mashed potatoes contrasted with crisp potato skins- it doesn’t get any better!
Baked Stuffed Potatoes
By February 21, 2014Published:
- 8 potatoes (16 Servings)
- 1 hr 35 mins
- 8 Large Idaho Potatoes*
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Non-Dairy Milk/Vegetable Stock
- Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Baking Parchment
- Preheat oven to: 400˚ F. Do not use microwave! Line cookie sheet with parchment.
- Scrub potatoes. Prick them two or three times with a fork. Place potatoes on lined cookie sheet and put them in oven. Bake 45 -60 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Remove potatoes from oven and let cool until you can handle them.
- Halve potatoes. Slicing them lengthwise gives them a more family style appearance and takes up a lot of room on the plate. Slicing them horizontally makes them look a bit more elegant and leaves more room on the plate for vegetables etc. The choice is yours. Scoop out potatoes with a medium sized spoon-taking care not to tear skins. Put scooped potato in mixing bowl. Place potato shells back on cookie sheet.
- Add olive oil to potatoes and mash with a potato masher or large fork. My family likes to find little lumps in the potatoes so I don't mash them too finely. Add non-dairy milk or vegetable stock and whip until light and fluffy. Add more liquid if necessary. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon whipped potatoes back into shells forming a mound on top. Sprinkle with paprika. Place stuffed potatoes back into oven. Bake 10-15 minutes or until tops of potatoes have browned. Serve hot.
- * One half a large stuffed potato is usually enough for each person.
- Note: Use butter and milk for a dairy meal and you'll have an even richer side dish.