Nothing like a fudgey Chocolate Chip Brownie to satisfy a chocoholic! Timing is important to achieve that texture. You can use the tried and true method of inserting a cake tester in the brownies – but for these Chocolate Chip Brownies, it shouldn’t come out clean. There should not just be crumbs, but moist crumbs stuck to the tester. In the best of all baking worlds, all ovens would be calibrated the same way- but they are not! That is why I always check brownies, cookies, cakes 10 minutes before the end of the recommended baking time. In my oven, it may take 35-40 minutes. In your oven, the brownies may be done in 30 minutes or in 45. It all depends.
In the picture above, I’ve made the Chocolate Chip Brownies in a gold tone brownie pan that has one inch square spaces in which to pour the batter. What you get from using this kind of pan are brownies with four crisp sides. There are no middles without crust- and no need to cut the brownies. Each one is individual! I’ve based my count on using nuts in the recipe and by filling the spaces 2/3 full. Your count will be less if you don’t add nuts but the results will still be delicious! Try my recipe for Chocolate Chip Apricot Brownies; in which I replace the nuts with chopped apricots. You can also opt to make this same recipe in an eight inch square pan. They will more time to bake ; but will be equally delicious. Enjoy
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chocolate Chip Brownies
By February 6, 2017Published:
- 24-30 brownies
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup non-dairy margarine softened
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure Vanilla extract
- 1 cup non dairy mini chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup Chopped Pecans or Walnuts optional
- Non-dairy Baking Spray
- cooling rack
- pan made for individual brownies or 8 inch square baking pan
- cake tester
- Preheat oven to: 350°F. Lightly spray baking pan.
- Beat eggs in bowl of mixer. Add sugar gradually. Beat eggs and sugar together until the mixture is pale yellow. Add softened margarine and beat again.
- Mix flour, cocoa and salt together. Pour dry ingredients into batter slowly with blender on low speed. As ingredients are incorporated into batter, raise the speed. Remember to scrape the batter down from the sides of the bowl so everything is well mixed. Add vanilla, chips and nuts. Beat again for 30 seconds.
- Scrape some of the batter into a measuring cup or small pitcher. Pour batter into each square of baking pan until it is 2/3 full. If you've opted to bake the brownies in square pan, just scrape all the batter in.
- For individual square brownies: Bake 10-12 minutes. Insert cake tester. A little batter should still be moist. Remove from oven. Cool slightly before removing brownies from pan.
For one pan brownies: Bake brownies for 35-40 minutes. Let brownies cool completely on a rack before cutting them into small squares.