I love apricots and I love chocolate and I love apricots dipped in chocolate. It was from this love that these brownies were born.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chocolate Chip Apricot Brownies
By September 23, 2014Published:
- 1 cup Non-dairy Margarine melted
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure Vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour plus 1 tablespoon
- 2/3 cup unsweetened non-dairy cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plump dried apricots
- 1 cup non dairy mini chocolate chips
- electric mixer
- electic food processor optional
- 1 cake tester
- 8 inch square baking pan sprayed with non-dairy baking spray with flour
- 1 cooling rack
- Preheat oven to: 350 F.
- Beat eggs in electric mixer. Add sugar gradually and beat until the mixture is pale yellow. Slowly pour in melted margarine and then Vanilla while the mixer is slowly beating. Scrape batter down from the sides of the bowl with a spatula and beat again.
- Pour in 1 cup flour, cocoa and salt. Beat ingredients into batter slowly at first so that it doesn't spatter. Scrape mixture down from sides of the bowl to be sure they are all incorporated .
- Pour minced apricots and chocolate chips into mixing bowl. Sprinkle with one tablespoon of flour and toss well. Add these ingredients to batter and stir in or beat for 15 seconds.
- Scrape batter into baking pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Keep an eye on the pan. When the brownies start to come away from the sides of the pan, you should insert a tester. There should be a small amount of moist chocolate on the tester. It should not come out dry. Remove pan from oven and cool on a rack before cutting them into small squares. Enjoy. You can also freeze these brownies.