I love making this Cole Slaw with Lime Juice with Napa Cabbage. The ruffled edges and pale green color of the cabbage looks so inviting. Of course, you can use a regular green cabbage with no problem.This Cole Slaw with Lime Juice has no mayo. It’s crunchy light and delicious. This is a perfect Cole Slaw to bring on a picnic, add to tacos as a crunchy layer, or just add to a salad buffet.
Click on the link for a delicious recipe for Guacamole-also flavored with lime.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Hint: I prefer slicing the cabbage by hand and then giving it a coarse chop. You can do it in a processor or even buy a bag of pre-sliced cabbage.
Cole Slaw with Lime Juice
By May 6, 2020Published:
- 6 cups (6 Servings)
- 3/4 pound Napa cabbage green cabbage can be used as well. I prefer Napa because is has a milder cabbage flavor.
- 1/2 cup corn kernels frozen corn run under boiling hot water and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large lime more lime may be needed
- salad spinner
- large mixing bowl
- citrus juicer
- Core the cabbage and slice thinly. After slicing, give it a coarse chop. Place chopped cabbage in salad spinner. Rinse and dry well. Pour cabbage into mixing bowl. Add defrosted corn, salt and pepper. Zest one side of a large lime directly on to the cabbage. Using the juicer, get as much juice as possible out of the lime. The pulp can go in as well. Mix slaw. Taste. Add more lime juice, salt and pepper if needed. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy