This Cole Slaw has no mayo and gets its wonderful light flavor from fresh lime juice. It’s crunchy and delicious. This is a perfect slaw to bring on a picnic, add to tacos as a crunchy layer, or just add to a salad buffet. Enjoy.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Hint: I prefer slicing the cabbage by hand and then giving it a coarse chop. You can do it in a processor or even buy a bag of pre-sliced cabbage.
Cole Slaw with Lime Juice
By May 6, 2020Published:
- 6 cups (6 Servings)
- 3/4 pound Napa cabbage green cabbage can be used as well. I prefer Napa because is has a milder cabbage flavor.
- 1/2 cup corn kernels frozen corn run under boiling hot water and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large lime more lime may be needed
- salad spinner
- large mixing bowl
- citrus juicer
- Core the cabbage and slice thinly. After slicing, give it a coarse chop. Place chopped cabbage in salad spinner. Rinse and dry well. Pour cabbage into mixing bowl. Add defrosted corn, salt and pepper. Zest one side of a large lime directly on to the cabbage. Using the juicer, get as much juice as possible out of the lime. The pulp can go in as well. Mix slaw. Taste. Add more lime juice, salt and pepper if needed. Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy