A garlicky crunchy treat!
Prep time: 15 minutes
By February 7, 2014Published:
- 8 Servings
- 3 Cups Bread Cubes (leftover Challah or Italian Bread)
- 8 Tablespoons olive oil/vegetable oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic peeled & halved
- Large Skillet
- Slotted Spoon
- Paper Towels
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic halves and sauté them until they are browned on each side. Remove garlic with slotted spoon and discard.
- Add half the bread cubes to hot garlic oil and brown on all sides. Croutons should be golden brown and very crisp.. Remove croutons with slotted spoon and spread out on paper towels. Turn them once or twice to be sure the towels have absorbed all the excess oil. Repeat process with second half of bread cubes. Serve croutons with hot or cold soups or sprinkle them over salads.