I feel so pleased that Bakar Kosher Meats wanted to partner with me. They sent me two beautiful roasts. One I made for Shabbat dinner and one I made for a video. Both times the meat was delicious! The herb crust I mixed together creates a beautiful crust over the roast and imparts great flavor to Bakar’s lean, grass fed, hormone free, antibiotic free Angus Beef. It was so amazing to be able to prepare and enjoy meat from the hindquarters that had been butchered in such a way that the most observant Ashkenazi and Sephardic communities can avail themselves of it.
The Eye of Round is the perfect roast to serve a crowd. Wherever you slice into it, the meat will be the same medium rare and each slice will be the same size. Whether you individually plate the slices or arrange them a platter- it will look beautiful. Bon Appetit!
Use my code to get 10% off at Bakar Kosher Meats now: GLORIA10
Herb Crusted Bakar Eye of Round
By April 8, 2016Published:
- 16-20 slices Servings
- 2 hrs 50 mins
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 1/2-4 3/4 pound Bakar Eye of Round
- 1 small bowl
- 1 roasting pan with rack
- Preheat oven to 500° F.
The Eye of Round needs 3 minutes a pound in a preheated oven to jump start the roasting process.
- Mix herbs with salt and pepper in small bowl. Squeeze the herbs together with your fingers to help them release their flavor. Spread the herb mixture all over the roast-top, bottom and sides. Lay the roast on the rack in the roasting pan and place in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, turn off the oven. DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR. I checked my roast 2 1/2 hours later and it was perfect. If you prefer it more rare- turn off the oven at 12-13 minutes and let it continue to roast in a turned off oven. The roast will not be sizzling hot when you remove it. You don't have to let it rest. Slice it right away and serve. It will be moist and delicious.