The orange glaze seeps into the cake and keeps it moist for as long as it lasts.
Poppy Seed Cake with Orange Glaze
By December 18, 2013Published:
- 16 Servings
- 1 hr 15 mins
- 3 1/3 Cups Flour
- 2 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/4 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 2/3 Cup Non-Dairy Soy Milk/water Note: Milk can be used instead of soy milk for a dairy cake.
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 2/3 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Poppy Seeds
- Non-dairy Baking Spray
- 1/2 Cup Confectioner's Sugar For Glaze
- 2 Tablespoons Orange Juice For Glaze
- Electric Blender
- Cooling Rack
- cake tester
- Lightly coat Bundt pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to: 350 F.
- Place flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in bowl of blender. Mix on slow speed for one minute. Make a well in the center and add: oil, eggs, vanilla, soy milk and poppy seeds. Mix well on slow speed. Increase speed as ingredients begins to blend. When batter has formed, spoon it into tube pan. Bake 60-75 minutes or until cake tester inserted comes out clean.
- Prepare glaze while cake is baking. Pour confectioner’s sugar into small bowl. Add orange juice and stir until well blended. Set aside.
- Remove cake from oven when it is done. Make many holes in the cake with the cake tester. Spoon glaze over the entire cake. Allow cake to cool in pan on a rack. Run a long spatula around the outside edge of cake before inverting cake onto rack. Cool completely before serving.