This Potato Salad with Vegetables and Herbs is colorful, crunchy and full of flavor. The trick to adding the most flavor to this Potato Salad is to add the sautéed onions and Balsamic Vinegar to the potatoes while they are still warm. They absorb the most flavor that way.
This potato salad is perfect for picnics outdoors; for sitting on an indoor buffet table for a long while and also for a child’s lunch box. It is mayo free so there is nothing to spoil. Eat it warm or at room temp for the most flavor.
For another easy salad that can be made ahead and doesn’t need refrigeration, try Cucumber Salad.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Potato Salad with Vegetables, Herbs and Pomegranate
By May 8, 2016Published:
- 14 Servings
- 3 pounds tri-color new potatoes
- 2 large onions peeled, cored and chopped
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 bunch radishes washed and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch scallions(green and white parts) washed and sliced
- Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to Taste
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley washed and chopped -leaves only
- 1 cup pomegranate arils optional
- medium pot with cover
- medium skillet
- large mixing bowl
- Wash potatoes. Place them in pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender enough to be easily pierced by a fork. Drain potatoes in colander. When they have cooled, slice potatoes into 1/4 th inch rounds and place them in mixing bowl.
- While potatoes are boiling, you can heat the olive oil in the skillet over a medium flame. Add chopped onions and sauté them until they are golden brown. Add balsamic vinegar and stir well. Pour onions and vinegar over sliced potatoes and toss gently.
- Add sliced radishes, scallions and pomegranate arils to the potatoes and toss again. Taste. Season with salt and pepper. Take half the chopped parsley and mix it with the salad. Sprinkle the remaining half on top. Serve at room temperature.