This recipe is only limited by your imagination.Use any kind of rice or grain you like,add sauteed onions and celery, and then brighten it up with dried fruit.Toasted nuts are also a great addition.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Rice with Sauteed Vegetables
By March 23, 2014Published:
- 8 Servings
- 5 cups rice/grain pre-cooked without oil
- 4 medium onions peeled and minced
- 4 stalks Celery washed and minced
- 3/4 cup dried currants/ dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 1/2 cups Optional-toasted pecans chopped
- 1 large skillet
- Heat oil in skillet over medium flame. Add onions and celery and saute until soft. Add dried fruit. Stir until fruit softens. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add rice to skillet and stir thoroughly until rice is coated with oil and vegetables. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Add nuts if desired. Remove from heat.
- Let rice cool to room temperature before using as a stuffing in poultry. Peppers can be stuffed with hot rice.
Serve hot as a side dish.