Rice stuffing with sautéed vegetables is only limited by your imagination. Use any kind of rice or grain you like, add sautéed onions, celery, and/or carrots and then brighten it up with dried fruit: cranberries, apricots, raisins, cherries. Add nuts if no one is allergic.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Rice with Sautéed Vegetables
By March 23, 2014Published:
- 8 Servings
- 5 cups rice/grain pre-cooked without oil
- 4 medium onions peeled and minced
- 4 stalks Celery washed and minced
- 3 large carrots minced
- 3/4 cup dried fruit cranberries, raisins, currants,cherries, apricots
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 1/2 cups -chopped toasted pecans optional
- 1 large skillet
- Heat oil in skillet over medium flame. Add onions and celery and sauté until soft. Add dried fruit. Stir until fruit softens. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add rice to skillet and stir thoroughly until rice is coated with oil and vegetables. Taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Add nuts if desired. Remove from heat.
- Let rice cool to room temperature before using as a stuffing in poultry or vegetables; or serve hot as a side dish.