Roasted Beet, Clementine, and Avocado salad tossed with lemon vinaigrette makes a wonderful salad combination. The earthiness of the beets combined with tangy clementines and creamy avocados is a play on texture, taste and color. This salad is how you eat healthy without forsaking flavor!
Add some pomegranate arils, toasted pine nuts or sliced almonds if you like a little crunch! Add some goat cheese if you want to make this into lunch!
Prep time: 60 minutes to roast beets + 20 minutes to assemble
Roasted Beet, Clementine and Avocado Salad
By December 24, 2015Published:
- 6 Servings
- 4 medium red/golden beets
- 3 clementines
- 2 Haas avocados
- 3 ounces mesclun salad
- 1 cup lemon vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts/sliced almonds optional
- 1 roasting pan
- 2 salad bowls
- Preheat oven to: 400° F.
Wrap beets in foil and place in roasting pan. Roast for 45-60 minutes or until a cake tester easily pierces the beets. Allow beets to cool slightly before removing their skin and slicing them into wedges. you should get 6-8 wedges per beet. Place beets in a salad bowl.
- Peel clementines while beets are roasting. Remove as much pith as possible before sectioning them. Add them to beets.
- Peel avocados and remove pits. Slice them into one-half inch slices. Cube the slices and add to beets and clementines.
- Place mesclun into the remaining salad bowl. (You can substitute Boston/Bibb lettuce torn into pieces if you prefer it) Toss greens with one third cup of vinaigrette. Divide greens amongst salad plates.
- Pour remaining dressing over beets, clementines and avocado pieces. Toss lightly. Arrange vegetables attractively in the center of the greens. Scatter toasted nuts over salad if desired.
A slice of goat cheese is also delicious with this if you're having a dairy meal.