This Strawberry Blueberry Tart is a delicious and beautiful way to celebrate the summer. The contrasting textures and taste of cooked and raw blueberries combined with the sweetness of fresh, juicy strawberries is irresistible. The red and blue colors of the berries makes this Strawberry Blueberry Tart perfect for the Fourth of July! Serve with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream if you’re having a dairy meal. Enjoy!
Note: I bake my All-Purpose Crusts in a flan ring placed on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, as opposed to a pan where you have to push the bottom up through the ring to free it. With a flan ring, you just wait til the tart cools a bit and then carefully lift the ring off the tart before sliding it onto a serving plate.
Prep time: 20 minutes
By July 2, 2019Published:
- one 11 inch tart (10 Servings)
- 11 inch non-dairy tart crust pre-baked
- strawberries wiped clean
- 2 large lemons
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Cornstarch
- 4 pints fresh blueberries you need at least 5 1/2 cups berries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 quart strawberries wiped clean
- medium saucepan with cover
- small mixing bowl
- Zest one lemon on the small holed side of the grater directly into small mixing bowl. Set aside. Shred the other lemon on the shredder side of the grater on to a piece of waxed paper. Wrap tightly and reserve for later. Squeeze enough juice from the two lemons to measure four tablespoons. Set aside.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and cornstarch to small mixing bowl. Stir together with lemon zest. Set aside.
- Rinse blueberries. Remove all stems and bruised berries. Put 3 full cups of berries and water in saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil. Remove cover and stir in lemon juice and sugar mixture. Return mixture to a boil and stir until thickened. Remove saucepan from heat. Cool slightly. Spread a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of berries and refrigerate until completely chilled- about one hour.
- Gently dry remaining blueberries. Remove chilled blueberry mixture from the fridge. Fold in 1 /2 cup raw berries. Spoon blueberry filling into baked tart shell. Smooth over the top gently.
- Scatter one cup uncooked blueberries over the center. Decorate with whole or sliced strawberries as you wish. Scatter the reserved shredded lemon zest over the top. Serve tart chilled.