This wonderful all-purpose Tomato Sauce is full of flavor and works well with any pasta or vegetable recipe. You can prepare it all year round because it is based on canned tomatoes. I use it for pasta, as a base for meat sauce, for lasagne and even as a dip for Eggplant Sandwiches.
Prep time: 15 minutes
By July 23, 2014Published:
- 7 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions peeled, cored, and minced
- 3 large garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 3 26 ounce containers organic chopped tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2/3 cup Italian parsley washed & chopped (leaves only)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil washed & chopped coarely
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- large skillet
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium flame. Add onions and garlic to pan. Stir well and sauté until onions are translucent and soft. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley and basil. Stir well over low heat until sauce has thickened. Taste. Season with salt and pepper.