Making a Vegetable Frittata is so easy and very versatile. Sauté vegetables of your choice, add cheese or don’t, pour beaten eggs over mixture and bake. Make the Vegetable Frittata before your company arrives or greet them and pop it into the oven. Have a drink and voilà – brunch/lunch is ready.
Hint: Sometimes the Frittata sticks to the pan and is difficult to remove. If that happens, you should grab a pot holder and serve your Frittata at the table; or carefully slip a long handled spatula around the bottom of the pan and help the Frittata out. Any broken pieces can be pieced together.
For another egg recipe that can be prepared in advance, click : Riced Egg Mold
Prep time: 20 minutes
By February 7, 2014Published:
- 8 Servings
- 12 Large Eggs
- 5 Full Cups Assorted Vegetables Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Peppers, Onions, Leeks, Mushrooms, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Broccoli, Spinach, Etc
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Grated Parmesan, Diced Feta, or 4 Ounces Goat Cheese Optional
- 1/3 cup minced Fresh Parsley or chopped basil
- 12'' Oven Ready Skillet
- Choose three or four vegetables (or more if you like) and dice them. Sundried tomatoes should be drained and cut into thin strips.
- Preheat oven to: 400° F.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add onions. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until onions are translucent . Add remaining vegetables and sauté until tender. Stir in cheese if you are using it.
- Whisk eggs until foamy. Pour over vegetables in skillet. Give the skillet a gentle shake so all the vegetables are distributed evenly under the eggs. Cook a minute or two stove top so the edges have a chance to set. Place in oven and bake 30 minutes.
- Remember that the handle of the skillet is hot. Take a pot holder and remove skillet from the oven. Allow Frittata to cool about five minutes. Loosen the edges from pan with a spatula and slip it onto a serving dish. Should it not slip out- serve it straight from the pan. Serve hot or at room temperature with a beautiful salad and crusty bread.