This recipe is so easy and versatile. Sauté vegetables of your choice, add cheese or don’t, pour beaten eggs over mixture and bake. Make the frittata before your company arrives or greet them and pop it into the oven. Have a drink and voila- brunch/lunch is ready.
By February 7, 2014Published:
- 8 Servings
- 45 mins
- 12 Large Eggs
- 7 Full Cups Assorted Vegetables Zucchini, Yellow Squash, Peppers, Onions, Leeks, Mushrooms, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Broccoli, Spinach, Etc
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan, 1/2 Cup Diced Feta, or 4 Ounces Goat Cheese Optional
- 12' Oven Ready Skillet
- Choose three or four vegetables (or more if you like) and dice them. Sundried tomatoes should be drained and cut into thin strips.
- Preheat oven to: 350 F.
- Heat olive oil in skillet. Add vegetables and sauté until onions are soft and other vegetables are tender. Stir in cheese if you are using it. Season with salt and pepper. Taste. Adjust seasoning.
- Beat eggs until foamy and pour over vegetables in skillet. Give the skillet a gentle shake so all the vegetables are distributed evenly under the eggs. Place in oven and bake 30 minutes.
- Remember handle of skillet is hot. Take a pot holder and remove skillet from oven. Allow Frittata to cool about five minutes. Loosen the edges from pan with a spatula and slip it onto a serving dish. Serve hot or at room temperature with a beautiful salad and crusty bread.