One day, the doorbell rang and there was a totally unexpected delivery from Del Campo– the most delicious, fresh, tortillas (large and small) and tostadas you have ever had. Each bite tastes of pure corn. I happily munched on the tostadas while I made chicken tacos. I let the Del Campo company know how much I enjoyed their products and they sent me more so I could post a recipe and picture using them.
Prep time: 30 – 45 minutes
By June 6, 2016Published:
- 4 Servings
- 2 large onions
- 4 large Cloves Garlic
- 1 pound chicken cutlets 2-3 cutlets-depending on size
- 1 cup cilantro washed and chopped
- 3 6 inch Del Campo tortillas
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- vegetable spray
- 1 cookie sheet lined with baking parchment
- 1 grill pan
- 1 long handled tongs
- Peel and quarter one onion and place in sauce pan. Peel 2 cloves garlic and add to onion. Add chicken cutlets and cover with water. Simmer cutlets until they are soft. Remove cutlets from saucepan and shred the chicken. Place shredded chicken in mixing bowl. You can strain the cooking liquid, let it cool and use it for another recipe.
- Peel and slice remaining onion. Add to chicken. Mince remaining garlic and add it with the sweet and hot pepper halves to chicken as well. Pour vegetable oil over everything and toss so that everything is touched with oil.
- Spray grill pan with vegetable oil. Heat over medium-high flame until it is very hot. Pour all the ingredients in the mixing bowl onto the pan. Toss them around with long handled tongs until the peppers and onions soften and blacken a bit. You have to keep the ingredients moving otherwise they will burn. Remove from heat.
- Place 4 tortillas on cookie sheet. Heat until warm. Place each tortilla on a serving plate. Mix chopped cilantro into chicken mixture. Divide chicken and vegetables between the four tortillas. Serve warm with Guacamole and Salsa on the side. Enjoy.