This recipe for Carrot Cake was given to me by my brother in law Jay. It is moist, sweet and spiced with the warmth of cinnamon.
By December 18, 2013Published:
- 12-16 Servings
- 60 mins
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 Cups Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 Pound Carrots peeled and minced
- Non-dairy Baking Spray
- 1 Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pecans Optional
- Electric Mixer
- 9' Tube Pan
- Cooling Rack
- Preheat oven to: 325° F. Spray tube pan. Set aside.
- Pour sugar and oil into bowl of mixer. Beat on medium speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until they are incorporated into batter.
- Pour in flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Beat on medium speed while pouring in minced carrots. If using nuts, add them at this time.
- Pour batter into tube pan and bake 45-60 minutes or until cake tester inserted into cake comes out clean. Allow carrot cake to cool for 10 minutes before turning it onto rack. Cool completely before serving.