This Cranberry-Pomegranate-Orange Sauce glistens like rubies in a bowl. It has a slightly tart flavor from the fresh cranberries and pomegranate juice and sweetness from the orange juice and marmalade. I find that a little tart on your tongue goes a long way in lightening up the meal. Cranberry-Pomegranate-Orange Sauce is not only delicious with turkey; but also with chicken, steak, hot dogs and tofu as well!
For a much sweeter Cranberry Sauce, try Classic Cranberry Sauce
By November 23, 2014Published:
- 8 cups
- 36 ounces cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups Pomegranate Juice
- 1 1/2 cups Orange Juice
- 1/2 cup tart orange marmalade
- 1 medium orange zested
- 1 teaspoon Ground Allspice
- 1/2 cup honey add more to taste
- 1 enamel Dutch Oven
- 1 wooden spoon
- Pour cranberries, dried cranberries, pomegranate juice and orange juice into Dutch Oven. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Stir constantly until fresh cranberries begin to pop. You will actually hear the "pop". It takes about 10-12 minutes for this to happen. Remove from heat and stir in allspice, orange zest and marmalade. Cool a few minutes and taste. It will be tart. Stir in 1/4 cup honey. Taste again. Add more honey as needed. Chill and store in the fridge.