Fish Tacos are a fun dinner whether you opt for a soft tortilla or a hard taco shell. I’ve served these for lunch and dinner. Adults and children alike enjoy scooping up the grilled fish, guacamole, cole slaw with lime juice and pico de gallo that make up these healthy and delicious treats!
Prep time: It takes 10-12 minutes for grilling the fish. The guacamole, cole slaw and pico de gallo take about 10 minutes each. They can be made 30 minutes before you grill the fish so the flavors can blend and they can be chilled.
By May 11, 2020Published:
- 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 pounds Mahi Mahi, Cod, Snapper skinned
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 /2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups guacamole
- 3 cups cole slaw
- 3 cups pico de gallo
- 1 large lime cut in wedges
- grill pan
- fish spatula
- Place the grill pan over high heat. Mix the cumin, salt and pepper together. Brush both sides of the fish with oil. Rub the spice mixture on each side. Place fish carefully on hot grill pan and let it grill for 5-6 minutes until you see the bottom turn opaque. Flip over and do the same for the other side. Be sure the fish is completely opaque before removing from pan. Place on a cutting board and slice into 1/2 inch long pieces. Cut those pieces in thirds. Arrange on a serving platter.
- Place two tortillas at a time on the hot grill pan and warm them through, Repeat with remaining tortillas.
To serve: Present tortillas and taco shells, grilled fish, guacamole, cole slaw, pico de gallo and lime wedges. Let each person assemble their own taco. Personally, I like spreading some guac on the bottom and topping it with fish, cole slaw and pico de gallo. Have loads of napkins handy!