Fried goat cheese is one of life’s special pleasures. Dip it in nuts or in crumbs and quickly fry in oil. It’s crunchy, creamy and delicious. You can add the fried medallions to salads, soups or just eat them with crackers,sliced apples or pears.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Fried Goat Cheese Medallions
By March 25, 2014Published:
- 8 medallions (8 Servings)
- 1 10 ounce log of goat cheese cut into 8 medallions
- 1/3 cup pecans toasted and finely ground
- 1 large Egg beaten
- 1/3 cup candied pecans chopped
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2 small shallow bowls
- 1 medium skillet
- Dip each medallion in ground pecans, then in beaten egg and then in chopped pecans. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high flame in skillet. Carefully, slip goat cheese medallions into hot oil. Fry them about one minute on one side before flipping them over and frying them on the other side. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels before placing them in soup or on salad.