Fried goat cheese is one of life’s special pleasures. Coat each slice in crushed Candied Pecans (or any crushed nuts) or in crumbs (gluten-free for Passover) and quickly fry in oil. It’s crunchy, creamy and delicious. You can add the fried goat cheese medallions to salads or soups or just eat them with crackers, sliced apples or pears.
These days, there are many flavors of goat cheese to be had for Passover and all year round. There are goat cheese logs coated in pepper, in herbs, mixed with cranberries and even just plain goat cheese. Experiment with the kind you like best.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Fried Goat Cheese Medallions
By March 25, 2014Published:
- 8 medallions (8 Servings)
- 1 10 ounce log of goat cheese cut into 8 medallions
- 1/3 cup pecans toasted and finely ground
- 1 large Egg beaten
- 1/3 cup candied pecans chopped
- 2/3 cup Olive Oil
- 2 small shallow bowls
- 1 medium skillet
- slottes rack
- Dip each medallion in ground pecans, then in beaten egg and then in chopped pecans. Set aside.
- Heat oil over medium-high flame in skillet. Carefully, slip goat cheese medallions into hot oil. Fry them about one minute on one side before flipping them over and frying them on the other side. Remove from oil and drain on a slotted rack before placing them in soup or on salad.