Candied pecans are easy to make and so delicious. Enjoy them as candy or as a garnish for soup or salad!
Prep time: 5 minutes
By March 25, 2014Published:
- 1 cup
- 1 Cup mammoth pecans raw, unsalted
- 1/2 cup Firmly Packed Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cooling rack
- 1 cookie sheet lined with baking parchment
- 1 spatula
- Preheat oven to: 400° F.
- Stir brown sugar and water together in mixing bowl. Pour in pecans and stir until they are coated on both sides.
- Pour pecans directly on to parchment. Separate nuts with a fork. Place in oven and bake 15 minutes on one side. Carefully, turn nuts over with a spatula and bake 10 minutes more. Be careful nuts don't burn. Remove cookie sheet from oven and cool on rack. They will cool off quicker if you slide the parchment off the cookie sheet directly on to rack.