These almonds are irresistible. You will love it when everyone thinks you bought them and you proudly announce you made them yourself!
Note: Using a long handled wooden spoon is important. The sugar syrup becomes very hot and you should keep your hands as far away from the heat emanating from the pan as possible.
Prep time: about 20 minutes
By June 15, 2015Published:
- about 4 cups
- 2 cups whole unsalted almonds skins on
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 large skillet
- 1 wooden spoon long handled
- 1 large cookie sheet lined with baking parchment
- 2 forks
- Pour almonds, sugar and water into skillet. Bring to a boil and stir until sugar melts and then crystallizes.
- Reduce heat to low and stir vigorously as the crystallized sugar melts and coats the almonds. Carefully pour almonds on to cookie sheet. Using two forks, separate almonds into clumps of three or four. Cool completely before eating.