Sometimes all you need is a light green salad to round out your meal. This salad is the perfect combination of slightly bitter and sweet- soft and crunchy. The arils add color and brightness while the candied pecans add crunchy sweetness. A very light lemon vinaigrette or just a drizzling of olive oil and a squirt of lemon juice brings it all together.
Prep time: 15 minutes plus time to make the pecans
Green Salad with Pomegranate Arils and Candied Pecans
By May 19, 2015Published:
- 4 Servings
- 1 small Boston/Bibb lettuce
- 1 cup baby arugula loosely packed
- 1 small radicchio
- 1 small red onion peeled, cored, halved and sliced thinly
- 3/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup candied pecans
- large salad bowl
- Pull off the tough outer leaves of the lettuce. Wash the lighter green leaves and dry them well. Tear into pieces. Wash and pat dry the arugula and add to lettuce. Cut the radicchio in half. Core both halves and then slice each half thinly. Add to salad with red onion. Sprinkle with arils . Toss. Add 1/4 cup of dressing and toss again. Scatter candied pecans on top. Serve at room temperature.