Heirloom Tomato and Peach Salad made from nature’s heirloom tomatoes of all colors mixed with juicy ripe peaches and creamy avocado is a treat for the eyes and palate. Add a little fresh basil with a squeeze of fresh lemon and some olive oil and you have a spectacular Summer salad. Make it for a crowd or just for two, it’s just simple and delicious. This salad makes a great side dish with steak or chicken. For a dairy meal, add some diced Feta. For crunch, you can add some toasted pine nuts or sunflower seeds.
Hint: If you choose to add Feta, leave out the salt until you’ve tasted the salad. Feta is salty and you don’t want a salty salad.
For another salad using Summer’s best peaches, clink on the link: Grilled Chicken, Peach and Onion Salad
Prep time: 20 minutes
Heirloom Tomatoes and Peach Salad
By July 24, 2022Published:
- 4 Servings
- 3 large Heriloom Tomatoes or 6 small ones
- 2 large ripe peaches
- 2 ripe Haas avocados
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 large basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon seasalt to taste
- 1 cup diced Feta optional
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts optional
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 serrated knife
- Rinse and core tomatoes. Cut them in half ; and then cut each half into four to six wedges depending on the size of the tomatoes. Place in mixing bowl..
- Peel and pit peaches. If the peaches are ripe, they will be easy to peel. If peeling isn't easy, drop peaches into boiling water for two minutes and then peel them.
Cut each peach in half; and then into four to five wedges depending on the size of the peach. Cut these wedges in half -also depending on the size of the peach. Add peaches to tomatoes.
- Peel and pit avocados. Cut them horizontally and then cut these slices in half. Add to peaches and tomatoes.
- Make a stack of basil leaves, roll them up and slice. Sprinkle on salad.
- Sprinkle salad with salt, lemon juice and olive oil. Add Feta and/or nuts at this point. Toss again. Taste. Serve at room temperature.