These Mini Meat Loaves are perfect for a buffet or an easy family dinner. Each mini loaf is about five ounces; which is perfect for one person. Better yet- you’re not getting five ounces of meat. You’re getting some meat mixed up with a ton of sautéed vegetables and spices! This recipe makes about 25 mini loaves. You can halve it or double it depending on your needs. It’s always nice to have a few unbaked Mini Meat Loaves in the freezer; that you can pull out for sudden company!
These meat loaves are so moist; you don’t need gravy. They go perfectly with Yukon Gold potatoes mashed with olive oil and chives and freshly steamed green beans or broccoli. There are even times I like to make a baked potato and mash the meat loaf up in the center of it – not fancy but divine!
These meat loaves are perfect for a picnic and they make delicious cold sandwiches with a thick slice of tomato and crisp lettuce! Enjoy
For a delicious all meat Meat Loaf, click on the link: Meat Loaf
Prep time (including forming loaves): 50 minutes
Mini Meat Loaves
By February 23, 2017Published:
- about 25 five ounce loaves
- 2 large onions peeled, cored and minced
- 3 large Celery Stalks washed, trimmed and minced
- 4 large Carrots peeled, trimmed and minced
- 4 large Cloves Garlic peeled, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil use grapeseed/avocado oil for Passover
- 2 teaspoons Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Fresh/boxed vegetable broth
- 1 cup catsup use Passover catsup for Passsover
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Non-dairy Unseasoned Bread Crumbs substitute matzah meal for Passover
- 4 pounds chopped steak
- 2 jelly roll pans lined with baking parchment
- 1 large skillet
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Preheat oven to: 350°F
All the vegetables can be minced together in the processor. Do them in two stages if you have a small one.
- Pour the oil into the skillet. Heat over medium flame. Spoon the minced vegetables into the hot oil and sauté until they are very soft. Add, pepper, cumin and nutmeg. Stir well and cool slightly.
- Beat eggs lightly with catsup and vegetable broth. Pour into skillet. Stir well. Add bread crumbs and mix thoroughly. Pour vegetable mixture into large mixing bowl. Add chopped meat. You can use a potato masher; but I prefer to use my hands to mix the meat together with the vegetables. Be sure you get your hands down to the bottom of the mixing bowl and mix all the ingredients together.
- Gently form small meat loaves. They should be about four inches long and three inches high. If you weigh the first few; you'll see that they average about five ounces. Don't pack the meat too tightly or the meat loaves will be heavy. Place loaves on prepared pans, cover them lightly with foil and bake them 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue to bake the meat loaves 15-20 minutes longer. Serve hot or at room temperature.