I love Meat loaf – perhaps even more the second day, when I take a thick slice and place it between two slices of rye bread slathered with catsup, lettuce and tomato. YUM!
Prep time: 15 minutes
By May 13, 2014Published:
- 6-8 Servings
- 2 pounds Chopped Meat ground twice
- 1 large onion peeled and minced
- 2 large eggs beaten lightly
- 1/2 cup Unflavored, Non-dairy Bread Crumbs use matzah meal for Passover
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 small roasting pan
- aluminum foil
- 2 spatulas
- Preheat oven to: 375° F.
- Mix chopped meat with all remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into roasting pan and gently shape into a rectangle. Don't pack the meat too tightly or meat loaf will be heavy.
- Cover loaf with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes. Uncover pan and finishing roasting another 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven.Scrape away any fat that has formed around the finished loaf. Carefully, using two spatulas, lift meat loaf out of the pan and on to a serving dish. Serve whole or sliced with a green vegetable and baked/mashed potatoes.