I love Meat loaf. It was one of my favorite meals when I was a child; and still is as an adult.. The day you make it, it’s hot and moist and perfect with mashed potatoes. The next day the meat has chilled and consolidated. It’s perfect between two slices of rye bread slathered with catsup. lettuce and tomato. YUM!
For another meat loaf recipe click on the link for Mini Meat Loaves .
Prep time: 15 minutes
By May 13, 2014Published:
- 6-8 Servings
- 2 pounds Chopped Meat
- 1 large onion peeled and minced
- 1 large pepper-red, yellow, orange chopped- optional
- 2 large eggs beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup Unflavored, Non-dairy Bread Crumbs use matzah meal for Passover
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 medium mixing bowl
- 1 small roasting pan
- aluminum foil
- 2 spatulas
- Preheat oven to: 375° F.
- Mix chopped meat with all remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into roasting pan and gently shape into a rectangle. Don't pack the meat too tightly or meat loaf will be heavy.
- Cover loaf with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes. Uncover pan and finishing roasting another 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven.Scrape away any fat that has formed around the finished loaf. Carefully, using two spatulas, lift meat loaf out of the pan and on to a serving dish. Serve whole or sliced with a green vegetable and baked/mashed potatoes.