Mini Phyllo Pecan Tarts are like Pecan Pie with a less gooey filling! They have lots of toasted pecan goodness with just enough delicious goo to hold them together. The phyllo shells look amazing and give great crunch in each bite.
Phyllo dough may seem intimidating the first time you use it. Be sure that you have a damp towel on the table so you can keep the phyllo sheets you’re not using right away from drying out. The dough itself is very forgiving. If it tears, just cover it over with another sheet. I’ve made the recipe for these Mini Phyllo Pecan Tarts in a rectangular tart pan and in mini muffin pans. Both were spectacular. Good news- they can be made in advance and frozen!
Prep time: 30-45 minutes
Mini Phyllo Pecan Tarts
By January 17, 2018Published:
- 24-30 mini tarts/14x4 inch springform tart pan
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup Dark Brown Sugar firmly packed
- 1/4 cup coconut cream melted
- 1 teaspoon Bourbon
- pinch baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unsalted chopped pecans toasted
- 1 pound Frozen Phyllo Dough defrosted
- non dairy baking spray plain/coconut
- mixing bowl
- mini muffin pan I used one that made 24 tarts
- cooling rack
- Mix all the ingredients together (except for phyllo) in mixing bowl. Set aside. Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Lightly spray the bottom of each muffin hole. Cut the phyllo roll in half the short way. You can do this through the covering. Remove covering from one half and unroll gently. Cut phyllo into three inch squares. Carefully lift three squares and place them in center of muffin hole. Spray lightly. Take another three squares and place them on top of the others a little bit askew. Spray again lightly. Repeat with remaining muffin holes. Place one tablespoon of nut mixture in each phyllo cup. If you have any left over, you can make a few additional phyllo cups or just divide it between the cups you have already filled. Place in oven and bake 10 minutes. The mixture will bubble and then settle down. Remove from pan while still warm and place on cooling rack. Serve at room temperature.
- To freeze: Place mini tarts in a single layer in a container. Wrap tightly. Mark Fragile and place in freezer. Defrost the morning of the day you're serving them. You can place them in a 325° F. oven for five minutes to crisp up if necessary.