This Mocha Frosting is what I make when I realize that when I make tons of cupcakes for my grandchildren; I have to frost them in a short time. Using unsweetened cocoa instead of chocolate that you have to chop up and melt is a great time saver. This frosting comes together in 10 minutes and can easily be piped or spread over 24 cupcakes. My grandson loves how it develops a somewhat crisp outside but is still creamy on the inside. Enjoy!
For a marshmallow frosting try: Seven Minute Frosting
By April 22, 2018Published:
- about 3 cups
- 1/2 cup non dairy margarine/sweet butter softened
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- pinch cinnamon optional
- electric blender or whisk paddle blade inserted
- Place softened margarine in bowl of mixer. Add cocoa powder. If you blender has a spatter shield, add it now. Beat margarine and cocoa on low speed until it is mostly blended and then increase speed to make it smooth.
- Mix coffee and vanilla together. With spatter shield in place, alternate confectioners sugar and liquid; while beating after each addition on low speed. (If you don't have a spatter shield, make sure to have an apron on or you'll be covered in sugar.) When the frosting is mostly mixed, increase speed to high and beat til smooth and creamy.
- To frost cupcakes: 1. Take a narrow spatula and spread some icing over each cupcake. Decorate with colorful sprinkles if desired. 2. Attach a wide mouthed tip to a pastry bag and pipe the icing over the top of the cupcakes. Decorate as desired.