My daughter in law says that this Poppyseed Cake with Orange Glaze is her most favorite cake. She loves the orange glaze which keeps the cake moist for as long as it lasts. Make the cake a day in advance to maximize the orange flavor; or just make it when you have a few minutes to spare and freeze it.
Delicious on its own as a coffee cake or with a scoop of ice cream for dessert. I promise this Poppyseed Cake with Orange Glaze will be a hit at your table.
Click on the link for another coffee cake that is also delicious as a proper dessert: Blueberry Crumb Cake
Note: Don’t let using a Bundt pan scare you. If you spray it well with a spray that’s mixed with flour; the cake will come out easily from the pan.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Poppyseed Cake with Orange Glaze
By August 3, 2014Published:
- 16 Servings
- non-dairy baking spray with flour
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 2/3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 electric mixer
- 1 12 inch Bundt pan
- 1 plastic spatula
- 1 cake tester
- 1 cooling rack
- 1 small mixing bowl
- 1 long spatula
- Spray Bundt pan carefully. Make sure to spray all the grooves. Set aside.
Preheat oven to: 350° F.
- Pour flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in bowl of mixer. Mix on slow speed for one minute. Make a well in the center and add: oil, eggs, vanilla, water and poppy seeds. Mix well on slow speed. Increase speed as ingredients begin to blend. When batter has formed, Pour it into Bundt pan with the help of a spatula. Bake 60-75 minutes. Insert cake tester after 60 minutes to see if cake is done. Check every five minutes if it isn't. The tester should come out clean.
- Prepare glaze while cake is baking. Pour confectioner's sugar into small bowl. Add orange juice and stir until completely blended. Set aside.
- When cake is done, remove it from the oven and place on cooling rack. Make many holes in the cake with the cake tester. Pour glaze over the entire cake. Cool completely in pan. To remove cake from pan: run a a long spatula around the outside of the cake. Place a serving plate over the top of the Bundt pan and quickly invert. Enjoy!