Freshly roasted and puréed pumpkin adds a touch of sweetness and a soft orange color to traditional hummous. Serve with pita and crudités for a delicious and healthy hors d’oeuvre or snack.
Prep time: 15 minutes plus time to roast pumpkin
Note: You can use canned puréed pumpkin-not filling, if you choose to.
By December 11, 2017Published:
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Hors d'Oeuvres
- Skill Level: Easy
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 13.5 ounce cans chick peas drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tehina
- 2 cups roasted and puréed pumpkin or canned pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- electric food processor steel knife inserted
- plastic wrap
- Peel and mince garlic in bowl of processor. Add chickpeas, tehina, pumpkin purée, lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin. Purée until smooth. Taste. Add remaining cumin if needed. Scrape hummous into a bowl. Place plastic wrap directly on top of it and chill several hours or overnight. The flavors will deepen. Taste before serving and adjust seasoning if needed.