This is a simple rice recipe that can be eaten as is or used as a base for other recipes.
By January 8, 2014Published:
- 6-8 Servings
- 40 mins
- 2 Cups Long-Grain Untreated or Converted Rice
- 4 Cups Water/Vegetable Stock/chicken stock
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (if you use water, juice or vegetable stock)
- 1 Cup Chopped Italian Parsley or Dill Optional
- 1 Cup Chopped Nuts, Dried Cranberries, Cherries, Currants, or Uncooked Frozen Peas Optional
- 6-Cup Saucepan
- Bring the water or stock and salt to boil in saucepan. Stir in rice and salt if desired. Return to a boil. Reduce heat so that rice is simmering. Cover pan. Cook rice for 25 minutes. Remove from heat. At this point you have two choices: 1. Uncover pan and stir. Replace cover and allow rice to stand to another 10 minutes to fully dry out before serving. 2. Uncover pan, add one or several of the optional additions, stir, cover pan and allow rice to stand another 10 minutes before serving.